EATEL Residential & Business Charges
EATEL Residential and Business Charges
Line Recovery Charge (LRC)
The Line Recovery Charge is a monthly charge to recover the costs associated with access charges, property taxes, and the expenses associated with regulatory proceedings and compliance. This charge is not a tax or charge required by the government.
Type of Service & Charge
- Residential: None
- Business - Single Line: none; Multiple Lines: $3.38
- ISDN PRI: $16.90
- Centrex: $0.37 per Centrex number
NAC (Network Access Charge)
This charge is used to pay terminating and originating access charged by local exchange companies.
Type of Service & Charge
- Residential: $1.65 per line*
- Business: $1.65 per line* (single- or multi-line, per line)
- T1, PRI, ISDN: Maximum five $1.10 Network Access Charges per month (with billable LD usage)
- Centrex: $1.10 per NAR** (with billable LD usage)
* Network Access Register (NAR) - The Network Access Charge is only charged for business customers if you have billable long distance usage for the month. The Network Access Charge is charged for residential customers regardless if you have billable long distance usage for the month or not.
**Centrex/ESSX term required for a voice conversation. Each conversation requires a line and a NAR to complete a connection.
Regulatory Cost Recovery
Regulatory Cost Recovery is assessed on all interstate telecommunications services subject to the Federal Universal Service Fund assessment. One of the major programs we enforce under the rules of the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) is a nationwide system of telecommunications relay services (TRS). TRS permits people who are not hearing impaired to talk to those with hearing disabilities, and vice versa. Speech-to-Speech is one of many services of TRS. Such fees or charges assessed by EATEL are a pass through of charges assessed by the applicable regulatory agency.For more information, visit http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/dro/trs.html.
* Customers with a bundled or "flat" rate long distance service plans will be assessed a percentage of the bundled or flat rate pricing times the Regulatory Cost Recovery percentage.
USC (Universal Service Charge)
This charge is a federal government program that helps bring affordable basic phone service to all Americans. The program also assists schools, libraries and rural health care providers in obtaining phone service. The charge is a variable percentage that is established by the Federal Communication Commission (FCC). Such fees or charges assessed by EATEL are a pass through of charges assessed by the applicable regulatory agency.
* Customers with a bundled or "flat" rate long distance service plans will be assessed a percentage of the bundled or flat rate pricing times the USC percentage.
Minimum Commitment for Business Facilities-Based T-1 customers
Facilities-Based customer agrees to maintain at all times during the term of this agreement, or any renewal thereof, at least 12 channels of either voice and/or data. (Certain areas of New Orleans are required to maintain at least 8 channels of either voice and/or data). In the event the customer falls below such 12 channel requirement, EATEL may, at its option, terminate this agreement by providing thirty (30) days written notice, apply an additional T-1 loop charge, or continue to charge the customer the equivalent of 12 channels of voice and/or data. T-1 loop charges are shown below.