Metro Ethernet | EATEL Business
EATEL Business combines the power of Ethernet and optical technologies across metro- and wide-area network to deliver low-cost, scalable, and secure bandwidth.
MORE connectivity, MORE power for your business.
EATEL combines the power of Ethernet and optical technologies across metro- and wide-area network to deliver low-cost, scalable, and secure bandwidth. Connect multiple locations within a service area using Ethernet protocol; enhance productivity by enabling virtual work groups across locations.
Benefits of Metro-Ethernet:
Reliable, ultra-fast layer 2 WAN connectivity with transmission speeds ranging from 10 MBs per second dedicated internet in 10 GBs per second dedicated internet in 10 MBs per second increments.
Increased flexibility with scalable bandwidth increments that allow you to pay only for what you need now and adapt as your needs change.
Scalability fits various business needs whether it is point to point or multi-point connections.
Affordable and easy-to-use service.
Service You Can Rely On
You’ll be satisfied with our service—we guarantee it. EATEL Business’s more than 400 field technicians help ensure that your Metro Ethernet is up and running. If something unexpected happens, we’ll react quickly. And thanks to our 24/7 Network Operations Center (NOC) located in Baton Rouge and Shreveport, we can provide constant network monitoring and always-on Tier I customer service.
Technical Details and Specifications
- Built strictly on Ethernet transport over the EATEL Business fiber infrastructure, rather than on legacy TDM technologies.
- Can be deployed as a point-to-point or point-to-multipoint topology and can support a vast array of standards-based deployments catered to the needs of specific applications and workloads.
- Layer 2 Metro Ethernet services as described by the Metro Ethernet Forum's (MEF 6.2) Technical Specifications including both the E-Line (point-to-point) and E-LAN (multipoint-to-multipoint) service types.
- Supports both port based Ethernet Private Line service (EPL) and the VLAN based Ethernet Virtual Private Line service (EVPL). Also supports both port based Ethernet Private LAN service (EP-LAN) and the VLAN based Ethernet Virtual Private LAN service (EVP-LAN).
- Both EATEL Business’ E-Line and E-LAN services allow user configuration of one or more 802.1q VLAN tags and multiple 802.1p Class of Service markings.
- Optical or electrical hand-off at each customer site are available upon request.
- Ethernet services available throughout the world due to established Ethernet Network Peering HUBS to several regional and national communications networks.