Email Spamming Policy | EATEL Business
Email Spamming Policy
In an attempt to better serve and protect the privacy of our customers and all internet users, EATEL promulgates the following policy on "spamming." "Spamming" is a term used to refer to the broadcast of unsolicited junk e-mail. EATEL formally rejects the use of its network for such purposes. Therefore, it is contrary to EATEL policy for any user of any EATEL service to cause or participate in any of the following activities through an EATEL-provided service:
- To post ten (10) or more messages similar in content to newsgroups, forums, e-mail mailing lists or other similar groups of lists;
- To post to any newsgroup, forum, e-mail mailing list or other similar group or list articles which are not germane according to the charter or other owner-published description of the group or list;
- To send unsolicited e-mailings to more than twenty-five (25) e-mail users, if such unsolicted e-mailings could reasonably be expected to provoke complaints;
- To falsify user information provided to EATEL or to the users of the service in connection with the use of any EATEL service; and
- To engage in any of the foregoing activities by using the service of another provider, but channelling such activities through an EATEL account, remailer, or otherwise through an EATEL service or using an EATEL account as a maildrop for responses or otherwise using the services of another provider for the purpose of facilitating the foregoing activities if such use of another party’s service could reasonably be expected to adversely affect an EATEL service.
All of the above practices are considered by EATEL as an abuse of both our services and of the recipients of such unsolicited mailing and/or postings. These abuses will not be tolerated. Therefore, these practices are prohibited by EATEL as a term and condition of service. Engaging in any of the above listed practices may result in the termination of the "spammer’s" account and/or access to EATEL services.
EATEL further reserves the right, whenever feasible, to implement mechanisms to block multiple postings as described above prior to the time they are forwarded or otherwise sent to their intended recipients.
In addition to the "spamming" activities listed above, EATEL’s terms and condition of service and use also prohibit other forms of abuse such as harassment and the posting of illegal or unlawful materials. EATEL will respond to such activities of its users or subscribers by possible terminations of the accounts of such subscribers or blocking access to EATEL services.
Nothing in this policy shall be construed to limit EATEL’s actions or remedies in any way with respect to any of the foregoing activities. EATEL further reserves the right to take any and all additional actions it may deem necessary with respect to such activities, including, but not limited to, taking action to recover the costs and expenses of identifying offenders and removing them from EATEL service and levying cancellation charges to cover EATEL’s charges in the event of disconnection of dedicated access for the causes outlined above. Additionally, EATEL reserves any and all rights and remedies available to it with respect to such activities at law or in equity.
To report abuse If you are receiving unsolicited e-mail or if someone is attempting to gain unauthorized access to your computer, please contact us at email@example.com.